Thursday, May 7, 2015

Winding down

Coyote Valley RV Resort
Morgan Hill, CA

We're approaching our final days in the bay area.
George has been getting Harvey prepared,
sanitizing the fresh water tanks, running the generator,
and getting the tires properly inflated and torqued.

The last two weeks have been a struggle for me.
I've been in constant pain from the sciatica flare up.
The treatment I got at the urgent care didn't help,
so I found a chiropractor in the area who has been
slowly getting me back in alignment.
I've been on pain meds, which finally are helping me sleep.
My doctor here in CA said that it takes 6-8 weeks
for something like this to heal...
so..
4 more weeks to go?
It's been very frustrating as I've been limited as to my activities.

Last night the park had a send off for us and one other couple.




 The owner had a local BBQ restaurant cater it,
with excellent ribs, chicken, cole slaw, potato salad and garlic bread.
It was topped off by a really good cake,
which she said reminded her of the spaces in the RV park...lol.


We enjoyed getting together with the other employees,
we'll miss everyone.

Yesterday morning we picked up my Mom from the hotel in San Jose.
She got in Tuesday late from her cruise.
She's happy to be home too :-)

Tonight we'll go out to dinner with our friends Greg and Connie,
and we also have one more day to work, Saturday.
Looking ahead to the 10 day forecast,
appears like the weather will be good for traveling,
and exploring Yellowstone!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I just hate it that your back is compromised for your visit to Yellowstone but I'm so glad you've gotten some good help with it. It's tricky to pick a doctor for your back since if they don't REALLY know what they are doing, they can cause more harm than good. Safe travels. Sure envying you headed there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you fun travels and better health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you much relief with that back. I can commiserate (knock on wood). We never know when one stoop, bend or twist will bite us. Hope yours is much improved before you get to Yellowstone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that pain doesn't slow you down in Yellowstone. You might have to run from some of the bears or buffaloes there! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a speedier recovery and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are much improved by the time you reach Yellowstone...such a marvelous place!! Backs do take time to heal so just listen to your body. Safe Travels...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice for the park to have a send-off for you. It's always nice to be recognized for your efforts. Sure hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete