Thursday, October 2, 2014

Winding down

Laurie
Prunedale
Monterey County, CA

My time here in California is winding down.
Mom and I have gotten a lot of things sold on Craigslist,
the house is looking void of furniture!
We sold the dining room table, 
so had to drag out a card table to be able to have a place to eat!


The couple that looked at the house is trying to get financing,
so we should have an offer soon on it.
If it falls through, we'll list it.

My cousin Kalene is coming up the 15th,
and we're going to do a moving sale that weekend.
The estate sale companies we talked to weren't all that
interested in doing it due to the lack of antiques.
Not even for this grand piano..


I've decided it's time to head back to Kentucky and Amazon.
I'll fly there on the 20th right after the moving sale.
My Mom has a lot of friends that are willing to help
her finish up if the house sells.
She's decided to have a professional mover come and
help her pack and move to her new place.
We'll be back in January either way and can help finish up.
Hoping she's in her new digs by then!

I told you last blog that I'm going with Candee to Richard Mcdonald's fall show.
Since I don't have any nice clothes with me,
we did a little shopping.
Found the perfect thing..


That'll work just fine :-)

George has started his 10 hour days,
and though his back is a bit sore, 
he said it's a piece of cake.
I'll start on the 28th, and we get to be on same shift
and same department.
Nice of Amazon to accommodate me!





9 comments:

  1. I am sure George has the Champaign on ice already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new outfit looks very nice! :)

    Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look great in that new outfit! I'm surprised you're not a cover girl on a fashion magazine! ;c)

    You've been a wonderful help to your mom, but it's great that friends will step up to help so you can get back to George. I'm sure he misses you as much as you miss him, sore back and all! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear things are going well for your mom and her move. This is a really big change for her. It is very nice of Amazon to be so supportive of you in this trying time for your family. I know George will be thrilled to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet George is counting the days :) Hope everything comes together for your mom and that she's all settled in by the time you arrive in January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look just great! So glad to hear that Amazon works with their employees. It's been such a difficult time for you and your mom....but things are looking up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie, you have been such a blessing to your mom through this time and it has been good to catch little snippets of conversations with you on Sunday's. It's good of Amazon to accommodate you both to be on the same shift. It's the little things in life which are important. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear all is well and you and George will soon be back together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking outfit!

    So glad to hear that things are finally winding down for you, and you'll soon be back with George -- just in time for your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete