Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mental health day

Cedar Creek Hatchery
Hebo, OR

Remember when we all had full-time jobs?
There were days that we took off for a 'mental health' day?
Today was one of those :-)

George and I do have the day off today from the hatchery.
As you know I've been tied up with the closing of the water company,
which, by the way, still has not happened :-(
Always a few details to be worked out!

Today after a very early conference call, we both decided to get away.
We didn't go far, just south to Lincoln City.
There we can get a few needed items at Dollar Tree,
I got a pedicure, and George got his coffee (not at Dollar Tree!).

On the way home, we stopped in Pacific City as it was a beautiful day.
The Pelican Pub is a great place for a beer, and sit outside and watch the waves.



It was cool watching the Dory boats come in..


They gun their motor and slide right up onto the beach,
where their truck and trailer are waiting.
Pretty cool!


There's a lot on my mind lately too, 
besides the final closing of the water company,
and the FEMA offer.
My Father, Ted, has been having some pains in his stomach.
The doctors have done all kinds of tests,
and finally found a spot on his pancreas.
He will be going for a biopsy to find out what it is.
We're hoping for good results.
George and I would appreciate good wishes and prayers at this time.
Thanks so much!

12 comments:

  1. Sending your father all the best for good results on his test and hoping for you that the company will HURRY UP and get SOLD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe and I are praying for your father. My dad's name was Ted also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mental health days are a must no matter the lifestyle, thoughts and prayers for your father and both of you as you try and get finished with the unfinished business of your previous lives. We stopped at Pelican Brewery and picked up a variety to try when we were in the area a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, Laurie, you needed a mental health day for sure!! So sorry to hear that your father has not been feeling good. Hoping and praying for the best possible news in the testing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your Dad's health issues. All of you will be in our thoughts.

    Love the photo of the beer on the beach:o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll keep your Dad in our prayers. As if you don't have enough to worry about. :c(

    ReplyDelete
  7. thinking of your dad and praying for a good outcome...I think I'll order up 4 mental health days I sure need em...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Nealys (bloggers) were just in Pacific City, too! We used to love to watch the dory boats come sliding up onto the sand, and I've been to the Pelican many times. If, in the day, I'd get food to go to sit on the beach to watch it. We agreed that we enjoyed watching the people free falling down the dune, too.

    I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, and can understand that you're worried. I hope the biopsy shows nothing and whatever is causing his stomach pains is easily fixed. He'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you prayers and thoughts from both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes to your dad...hope everything works out.
    I would LOVE it if Dollar Tree started doing pedicures and offering beer on tap...oops, I meant coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know waiting on test results can be stressful for all involved, hope the results indicate that no other action will be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Laurie, of course we'll keep your dad in our prayers. We wish him and all of you nothing but the best.

    Hoping that the sale of the water company closes soon too so that's one less thing off your mind!

    ReplyDelete