Less than 2 weeks left in Oregon!
A bit of an update:
My Dad had a biopsy on Friday,
and he should get the results tomorrow.
The water company's closing is for sure tomorrow as well. (Yeah, right, I won't hold my breath!)
I had documents to sign, get notarized, and overnight to PA last week.
We're in a small town, so you can imagine what fun that was!
In the meantime, we are firming up our travel plans when we leave here.
Here's our itinerary, written in Jello:
- August 31 - Hebo, OR to La Grande, OR - Flying J
- September 1 - La Grande, OR to Twin Falls, ID - Flying J
- September 2 - Twin Falls, ID to Provo, UT - Flying J
- September 3 - Provo, UT to Grand Junction, CO - Junction West RV Park
- September 4 - Grand Junction, CO to Golden, CO - Jefferson County Fairgrounds - getting our slide adjusted at Camping World, and visiting my son Austin in Denver
- September 6 - Golden, CO to Kearney, NE - Flying J
- September 7 - Kearney, NE to Des Moines, IA - Flying J
- September 8 - Des Moines, IA to Porter, IN - Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore
- September 12 - Porter, IN to Ravenna, OH - West Branch State Park - visiting our friends Connie & Greg who we met while workamping in California
- September 16 - Ravenna, OH to Saylorsburg, PA - Silver Valley Campsites - visiting friends & family!
- September 30 - Saylorsburg, PA to Harrisonburg, VA - Flying J
- October 1 - Harrisonburg, VA to Franklin, NC - RV Dreams Fall Rally
- October 9 - Franklin, NC to Petersburg, GA - J. Strom Thurmond Lake, Petersburg Campground - know some RV dreamers who are workamping there :)
- October 23 - Petersburg, GA to Augusta, GA - Heritage RV Park
- October 28 - Augusta, GA to Murrells Inlet, SC - Huntington Beach State Park - Carolina Clan Reunion!
Our job is maintenance for the Ocala National Forest.
We'll be staying behind the Pittman Visitor's Center across from Lake Dorr Recreation Area.
George and I both think that our next workamping job won't be on opposite coasts next time!
If anyone is interested in workamping in Oregon, the hatchery is looking for someone anytime after we leave here starting in September. 20 hours for your site, maintain the grounds, and help occasionally with the fish.
Not a difficult job at all!