Saturday, April 6, 2013

From laptop to netbook

Coyote Valley RV Resort
Morgan Hill, CA

First an update..
I have had no more issues with kidney stones since I passed it on Tuesday.
I've stopped taking vitamin D for now, at least until I get the stone analyzed.

They say things come in 3's..
first the root canal..
then the kidney stone..
now my laptop.

I have a Dell Inspiron that we bought in 2011.
A few days ago it wouldn't boot up :-(
I ran some diagnostics which threw an error code
basically telling me that my hard drive was 'compromised'.
I called Dell..and they said the same thing.
So...
I've decided to ship the laptop to Dell to replace the hard drive,
do a bit of a tune up,
and send it back to me..
all within a week.

In the meantime, I'm using my netbook..
which is 1/3 the size.

Try doing spreadsheets on a 10" monitor!
I'll be blind in a week!

6 comments:

  1. Oh good grief! You've been through enough already! Crossing our fingers that this is the last of it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it! The third one! You're done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a 2 year old dell with a hard drive problem. Bummer. My dell latitude is 4 years old and so far so good. I have their gold support so they send someone to me if I have a problem. 10" spread sheets sounds marginally better than doing them on your phone. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! Surely thing must go in a better direction! Where are you and George heading next and when? We move to Thousand Trails this Friday, that should be a little better for us...we need to hit the road soon too! I so understand how your time was while you were working and living in the RV the other winter! I call it "Hard Time"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all should chuck these fragile laptops and go back to the tried and true abacus. Just think of the money we'd save. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Paul and Marti are on to something there....

    Or maybe back to my Commodore 64.

    ReplyDelete