Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reminiscing

Coyote Valley RV Resort
Morgan Hill, CA

Being in California again for a period of time has been great.
I have gotten to take George to where I was born and lived for 17 years.
He has gotten to worship with me in the church where I spent a lot of my adult years.

Yesterday we headed up north to the bay area, where I lived and worked.
We decided to stop by an accounting firm where I worked from 1982-1985.
I had to use the GPS on my phone to find the place, and even then it only looked 'familiar'.

My old boss has gotten, well, old. Gray hair, thinner, have I aged as much?
He remembered me after I started reminiscing about others that worked there when I did.
We talked about clients I had worked on, and a few other things.
He was quite interested in our full-time RV life.

The reason we went north (about an hour) was to see my old house,
which we did..
but to visit some good friends of mine from my former life :-)

Chris & Lee have stayed in touch through Christmas letters,
and for at least a few years, Facebook.
When she saw we were going to be in the area, she invited us up!

I had no trouble finding their house, it wasn't too far from where I used to live.
Chris put on a nice spread of munchies, we contributed a bottle of wine..


They love George, and Lee asked lots of questions about our life.

Chris got busy working on dinner..


and we sat and reminisced about what we had done,
and our kids, and etc.



We had a terrific time!
We've invited them both down to visit us here in Morgan Hill.
Can't wait to see them again!






9 comments:

  1. It's always neat to visit with friends and family. Won't happen for me for a while, since I'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere for. Few months. But that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You just disproved (is that a word?) that you CAN go home again! What a great time you must have had. Glad your old boss remembered you... and in a good way ;-) What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you can go "home" again? You certainly are making the most of your return to your fond memories and nicely connecting with old friends. I'm thinking you're enjoying being able to do this now that you're full timing.

    Another plus for life on the road. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you wanted to work camp in California. I'm just wondering how you got so far away there on the east coast. Not sure visiting my old home town in Kettering Ohio would be nearly as much fun as you've had. I left as soon as I turned 18 and never went back except to visit my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been a fun winter for you guy's in your old stopping grounds. Nice meeting up again with old friends and getting to meet up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that you're able to reconnect with some old friends. Meeting up with friends we rarely see is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice to see old friends and to be able to go back to those fun places we enjoyed in our younger life. I still live in the same area so nothing new for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so much fun and seemed like we never had an hiatus! Loved meeting George! Looking forward to seeing you in April.

    ReplyDelete