Friday, August 12, 2011

Nice night for a walk

Stress.
The thing I long to 
get away from.

We've been walking again.
I put my Droid in my pocket, 
and log in our walking on
thanks to Linda of RV Dreams.
It tracks your strides by GPS
on your phone,
and tells you your miles/minute.
It's pretty cool!

Tonight was cooler,
I think summer is waning :(

It's nice sleeping weather.
but...
I digress.
We walked tonight
with a little stress reliever..



we put a little bloody mary
in our bubba kegs
while we walked..



If we walk around the 
3 blocks surrounding
the neighborhood,
it's exactly 1 mile.

The industrial park

It's perfect for a mile a night!

Tonight is the peak
of the Perseid meteor showers.

We'll hopefully see some, 
if the mosquitoes don't chase us inside!

8 comments:

  1. LOL That sounds like an interesting "walking" beverage. :)

    I agree - the nights are getting cooler. Harry went out this morning and tried the heat in the fiver.

    We are looking forward to seeing you guys next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it takes to get you walking and reduce your stress;o)) I have never heard of the bloody mary powerade...very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good way to get your electrolytes; keep on walking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great stress reliever to us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody Mary and a walk sounds like a great combination to me. I might have to give it a try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything to get you out there to walk. I'll look into Run Keeper for my Iphone. I totally forgot about the meteor showers. I am asleep early. (early to bed, early to rise)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my kind of walk! The weather is definitely improving, we've been sleeping with the windows open instead of the air conditioner. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the "walking beverage". Pretty good motivation! Does it contain as many calories as you walk off?

    I keep forgetting to use the droid with run keeper. Glad you keep reminding me.

    We've been without internet so I'm just getting caught up and didn't know the height of the meteor showers was Friday. Boo Hoo.......I'm in a great place for skies. Hope you'll let us know what you saw.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete