Happy New Year!
Since I had yesterday off, but poor George did not..
I did some mental planning, and then some.
I took a look at our finances, which at the moment
ain't too shabby.
I'm not a big fan of new year resolutions..
or resolutions of any kind.
I usually end up kicking myself for breaking them anyway.
So I don't make them :-)
that's another matter.
Are they the same?
When I woke up this morning..
(yes we did stay up to watch Dick Clark)
(is that morbid curiosity or what??)
I realized that it's 2011. That means I can now
say "next year" when referring to George's retirement!!
So, "this year", 2011...
we intend to:
- Move into George's house - closer to work, no mortgage, will save us SOME money
- Keep my house on the market, with minimal expenses
- With the money saved...pay extra on MY car to pay it off before 2012
- Sort through our things into 'RV', 'sell', 'give away' piles
- Start selling things via yard sale, e-bay, craigslist, etc.
- Keep our eyes on the Montana we want
I'm sure there are other things...
so many things to do, but now since it's
we have to get serious!!