Saturday, January 15, 2011

I really don't like moving..

As you know, we have been working on George's house, and slowly moving things from my house up there.
Today we took up about 4 boxes filled with wall decorations, things from the bathroom closet, and the rest of the dining room furniture. Having a pick-up truck certainly helps!

The carpet was installed today, and while they were doing that, I finished putting things away in the bathroom, and hanging pictures in the dining room. It's all starting to come together! Of course, I took a few pictures, but left the camera up at George's house, so will post tomorrow.

On the way home, we stopped at Kohl's and used up some of our gift cards on a few things. We needed to buy an inexpensive microwave, as the one in my house is built in. George picked up a few shirts, and I bought a new sweater and pair of pants. No money exchanged! That's the kind of shopping I like!

After coming back to my house, we packed the kitchen cupboards up, and we'll take that up tomorrow. While we're clearing out the cupboards, we're sorting things out, one box for using now, and one for yard sale. We asked ourselves, if we don't use it, and it won't fit in the RV, it's going in the yard sale box.

I guess that is one good reason to move, it makes 'thinning' things out a lot easier!

4 comments:

  1. I don't like moving either. I imagine doing it in the middle of winter makes it even worse. But it sounds like it's a good time to sort through your stuff at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. moving is stressful in the best of situations!..hang in there..soon you will be settled and you will wonder what all the fuss was about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean - I don't like moving either!! When I bought the condo, I moved all my stuff over there. For about five months, I purged and sorted, and then we brought my "good stuff" to Harry's house. So now we are doing the same purging process with all of his accumulated things. :) Won't mind when that is done!! The good thing is when it is time to move into the rv, you will have already downsized your possessions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Condensing two households into one is a good step towards moving into an RV.

    ReplyDelete